With more than 250 members, the Metropolitan Business Association of Orlando is proud to be Central Florida’s LGBT Chamber of Commerce. Governed by a 12-member volunteer board of directors, MBA Orlando reaches out in many ways:
Host monthly Networking Mixers, New Member Orientations, Quarterly Luncheons, Cocktails & Conversation and the Annual Pride in Business Awards Gala.
Certify LGBT owned businesses as LGBT Business Enterprises and help open opportunities for corporations and governments to include them in their supply chains.
Operate the Referral Exchange Development (RED) Group, the chamber’s category exclusive networking group that has generated more than $930,000 in sales for its members.
Produce Come Out With Pride Orlando, the state’s largest pride parade with more than 100,000 attendees last year.
Launched Converge Orlando, Central Florida’s LGBT-inclusive Convention & Visitor’s Bureau, focused on attracting large LGBT conventions and the 2018 Gay Games.
To lead the way for development, advocacy and growth of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender business community and its allies.
We will accomplish this through building our small businesses, working with professionals in corporations, supporting our non-profits and encouraging the general community to support those that support their rights.
The guiding principles of the MBA are as follows:
- To establish and nurture a network of business and professional resources for LGBT and allied communities.
- To encourage fellowship and support among businesses, professionals, individuals, and charitable pursuits in the LGBT and allied communities.
- To oppose prejudice in society at large and within the LGBT and allied communities on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identity.
- To foster communication, acceptance, and mutual support among LGBT persons and the allied communities.
- To provide positive role models in the LGBT and allied communities.