Standard of Business Ethics
We as members of the Metropolitan Business Association of Orlando, Inc., strive to recognize, promote and improve LGBT businesses and the LGBT business community and to that end, agree to be honor bound by the Standards of Business Conduct and Ethics. Our members agree to:
- Conduct business with honesty, integrity, and fairness with respect to customers, clients and employees alike.
- Be accessible and accountable to customers or clients and make every reasonable effort to act for the customers’ or clients’ best interest and benefit.
- Not discriminate based upon race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, gender, gender expression, or sexual orientation.
- Be responsible at all times for truthful and non-deceptive advertising and promotion regarding their business and its products or services.
- Not use or condone advertising which is untrue, misleading, deceptive, fraudulent, falsely disparaging of competitors, or which contains insincere offers to sell, or advertising which as a whole, may be misleading or result in misrepresentation by direct statement, inference or omission.
- Conduct business with strict adherence to the laws of the state where located and to business or professional codes existent for the particular business or profession and in accordance with generally accepted business practices.
- Support the ideas and goals of this organization, as well as support the LGBT community in general, in a constructive and positive manner.